Intentionaln't

Yes yes yes, I know that's not actually a word.

Last night someone asked me to describe hurt. And i said, "That's what you feel when people cause you pain". She then went on to say that people we love, hurt us the most and asked if I knew how to stop hurt. I didn't.
But it got me thinking, is that true? 

See, i think that we believe that because we are most gullible with these people, because we simply love them, when they do unorthodoxies, we as humans are dramatic enough to attach a sense of betrayal that is quite often inexistent. We think, the moment love occurs, their humanity vanishes. We expect perfection from them. And while some of us go to bed thinking, "i know people screw up, I'd forgive" when it really comes down to it, do you remember that?
Everything wrong that people we love do, we assume is intentional. We go on the frenzy that they did that because they don't love us. Now remember, I'm not justifying people lying or hiding secrets or saying hurtful things, I'm really not. All I'm saying is, them doing most of that rarely has anything to do with how they feel for you. I mean someone could lie to you because they love you and also because they don't, catch my drift? 
Society has become so filthy that love and intimacies are refuges. Like, we don't expect people to be nice anymore, we don't expect love from the world, we don't expect not get robbed when we leave the house, we dont expect people to be truthful as if it's alright. So when people we love do these things, its such a blown out of proportion thing.

And when I say, the villain slips into his room amd cries, this is what i mean. When someone does something to hurt you, and it's not intentional and you still reprimand and punish, it sucks. They know they fucked up but now they actually feel like a fuck up. You have to remember, it is only human to lie, it's an inevitability that screwing up will happen. So when someone that loves you screws up, it doesn't mean they don't love you anymore. It doesn't mean they don't respect you, it doesn't mean that they don't want you. They only screwed up yk. Maybe you've hurt them before and didn't get backlashed. You're only human baby, you'll screw up too. You know it was not intentional, you know you still love em, don't you wish they knew too?.

Comments

  1. I needed to read this, at this moment in time when I'm feeling incredibly hurt, I needed to read this. I just now need to stop feeling the hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so first off, I like this piece but then again I also don't agree with some of the sentiments you've put out. When you said it's only human to lie you lost me. I think when people lie its a choice they've made to withhold the truth from the other person and that in itself describes intentionality. Then again as much as man is to error I think its also important to remember that SOME of the hurt people cause us are a result of a conscious choice to do so. But yes I agree that grace should be accorded to these people because sometimes if put in their position we would also cause the same hurt or even worse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for being part of the Basics Society.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Goes On

The Art of Gifting

The Long Distance Dilemma