Excuses and Explanations


People might say that I have a quick mouth, those people don't know me. Some might say that I have a quick brain, they don't know me that well. But like I said in Fault, blame has to fall somewhere, and when it isn't accurately given or admitted, it falls in the wrong place and ruins things, or just ruins things. This is not my excuse for how I always have an explanation for everything that happens.

For the longest time, I've struggled to understand how my explanation for what happened and why became an excuse,and I just got an answer. Perception. 
so ask me;

What's the difference between an              excuse and explanation?
Your willingness to listen and accept.

I'll explain. 
When someone hurts you and they try to justify what they did, its wrong. There is no justification for wrong, except the times that there are, in which case is it even a wrong anymore? 
anyway, Regardless, there is almost always reason for everything that happens. And if they are willing to give you reason, it's only fair that you listen. But if you are too caught up in how you feel and go "I don't even wanna hear it" or other forms of that, then it becomes an excuse.
Now, it's important that you understand that listening just doesn't make it not an excuse if you decide they're lying or it's bullcrap. 


(a minute to find my glasses) you see, it isn't your place to decide if it's the truth or not, because, okay judge. you can't decide what's reason for someone to do something and what's not reason enough. All you can do is disagree with their truth, that doesn't make it lie.
I'm not assuming that people don't lie, i know it's almost instinct for people to lie. but unless you're using a lie detector, in which case i am reminded by the movie i am watching that CIA operatives and spies can lie to lie detectors, you can't know if someone is lying or not. You can't decide a truth and a lie.
(Kevin, the author of that how to know when someone is lying book you emailed me got cheated and conned, he only found out days later, so, ha. (Everyone else ignore that Kevin part)

I mean, I hate the word excuses, it makes you already guilty, it makes everything you have to say for yourself sound like a lie and worthless. I'm only explaining myself, I am hoping to get off the hook, yes, but that's not why I'm explaining myself. I just want you know how everything happened and why, because, I'd hate it if you formulated a how and why for yourself. I'm only explaining myself, this is not an excuse

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for being part of the Basics Society.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Goes On

The Art of Gifting

The Long Distance Dilemma