Karma

If you are possibly here to understand how our intentions, motives, desires and the emotional drive with which we conduct our actions have an effect on our lives and how they are related to the term “Karma”, stop. What this is is a perception of karma, what it is, what I believe it is, not how it works, I haven't figured that out fully yet.
The Sanskrit defined karma as consequences to our actions, good or bad. Their definitions however revolved around lives, like actions from your previous life fruited the kind of life you live in this one and ones in this one determine the next life. I might even have thought that karma could be the reason why life cycles. But I'm undecided on reincarnation and all of that so pause. Over time tho, as other people and philosophies adopted the terminology or belief, it was shortened to what we in Swahili say "malipo ni hapa hapa duniani". Also, I know, bit does sound negative but it isn't, karma is both spirited I believe, like ying and Yang. Anyway, so what is karma?
Everyone can prolly spin off their definitions and beliefs, so here's mine. Forgive me if it comes off too far fetched, I am short sighted after all.

I believe in negative karma, payback. But not as a means of the universe or a higher being, more like a within force. I believe that what we call karma is created by us, and not just through our deeds but the after. Which you will call guilt. Now hang on, come with me a minute. How much do you know about the subconscious and it's ability to manifest in the physical? 
I think and believe that karma is the manifestation of our guilts. I think that when you wrong someone, the guilt that resides within your subconsciousness manifests to punish you. Of course it is selective, but I'll explain how in a minute. That when you step on someone and not apologize, you intentionally stub your little toe, but like accidentally to make yourself feel bad for what you did. This guilt is a part of the subconscious so you do not necessarily feel guilty for actions you do but somehow when you're alone, things that no one else has effect on keep going wrong for you and you keep having bad days and luck just sucks. That all of that is you trying to tell yourself that it was wrong to be an ahole. But that's the thing, I think it a constant cycle of actions and punishments, only that some are too miniature for you to notice and that others don't have to be physically manifested. Do you ever just feel sad out of nowhere, like I don't know why I'm sad and feeling argh. I think that's a subconscious pressure. Incase you haven't gotten it yet, I believe your subconscious is your karma. Which should also mean that you cannot outrun karma, you cannot run from yourself.

But like I said, it is selective. That's why sometimes you'll hear phrases like why do bad things happen to good people, which my answer is because good people have guilt. It is particular in that some people especially truly bad people do not experience guilt in the subconscious level therefore they do not have self sabotage tendencies. That's why their karma is non existent in my view. That's why we get away with some bad things and sometimes we do not. Because we feel guilty and sabotage then again not feel guilty and get away. Which is why it is important to believe in ourselves. Which is why it is very important to be at peace with ourselves, to be okay with the choices we make. Everything we do will have a consequence, but it is more tolerable if you are at peace with yourself.

So what do you think, is it possible that your subconscious is your karma?

Comments

  1. Interesting perspective. I think your theory works-to a great extent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece but am still not convinced... I think i need a scientific view point on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very mind boggling. I agree with your train of thought though. When you're at peace with yourself, you're at a positive state of mind, which makes it easier for positive things to manifest in your life. Good karma; dharma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the spin on this. it makes perfect sense to me at least.
    Incredible piece !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I think it is possible. Coz when we 'forgive ourselves' everything becaumes peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food for thought

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was about to disagree, then I thought, " he's actually onto something," anywaysss great post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for being part of the Basics Society.

Popular posts from this blog

Life Goes On

The Art of Gifting

The Long Distance Dilemma