The Man in the Mirror


 So, one question, Do you understand that the man in the mirror belongs to you? Do you fully comprehend that you belong to yourself? (damn, that was two questions. Math is hard)

Anyways, as you read this, keep in mind that I will use words that will refer to villainy a lot, try your best to not overthink it, keep an open mind. The simplest way to look at this is through people's actions and words; you see, it takes a lot of self compelling and self-confidence and sometimes delusion to be a villain, while being a hero is nothing more than the instinct of what is right, a concept bred. The most notable difference between a superhero and a villain is that supes do what they do for everyone else, they get off the happiness and the well-being of others while a villain is motivated from within, I'll let you pick which is better, which is beside the point. Villains dedicate their lives to what they believe, they convince themselves of their intent. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you belong to yourself, being yourself, being for yourself. 

You see, I have discovered your life's purpose. There is this illusion that life is to be dedicated, to a greater cause, to the world. that you should live your life outward striving towards spreading happiness, making everybody's lives better thus we are dedicating too much of our lives to the world. Living our lives the way everyone but ourselves want. Because right is determined by the majority and I feel like that's wrong. Do not get me wrong, I understand why reward systems exist, I understand why they are important, why they are essential. But I just don't agree with how mythical they are, like heaven and the punishment of hell, and don't get me wrong, I am not saying that they do not exist, I am just saying that it is possible. Humans are treasure bots, we are meant to experience the best things in life that's why we are biologically tuned to be able to tell the worst and the best things, it is just up to you to decide what you think you are worth and to simply go for it. I am not trying to delude you into thinking you will achieve perfection, I mean it's an imperfect world but- the impossibility of perfection does not make the strife for perfection futile. But the thing is, some things that please us are just wrong and it comes down to pleasing society or ourselves, and while I promise it is not as black and white as I'm about to picture, hear me out.  But basically, we're saying that you are living your life, your only life, seeking validation?  some reward systems convince you that at the end of all the misery you intend to put on yourself, you get rewarded. And I understand delayed pleasure (a lot more than you'd think *wink) but for me and mine, I'd rather a definite presence of pleasure than an unsure future of bliss. 

Do not lose track though, I am not talking about you or the life you lead, I simply speak of the man in the mirror. The story of villains for you may sound sad or maybe painful but from where I am seated, they lead a fulfilling life. See it's only sad if they gave two fucks about what you thought of them, how you felt about them, but do you think they do? I was doing an assignment on death row inmates and their last words and I came across a few interesting ones, I mean- a few disturbing ones. The expectation is that they would be remorseful, sorry, and apologetic. And the majority were. Others simply said fuck you or a version of it (and trust me, the things they did were gruesome), I sensed no remorse in the things they did and I remember thinking “they were monsters, that this was the line between being human and being an animal.” But I did not stop thinking about it. I am deluded that humans are innately good and it did not make sense that humans could do such bad things and not be been a bit remorseful about the things they did. And while it's a weird place to draw inspiration from it finally dawned on me. In my Life's Purpose article, I mention the importance of understanding that your life belongs to yourself, and deeply so. And as such, pursuing your pleasure above all else. So if you think about it, it is not that they lacked remorse, they were content with what they did, and they had faith in seeking their beliefs regardless of how it ended. And that's beautiful, or at least that's what a psychopath would say. But the line we draw is in the title, the difference between you and the man in the mirror. 

You need to see the man in the mirror and understand that he belongs to you and that you should do everything you can to make his life complete. To seek your happiness regardless of what they think and what shouldn't. Just that there are lines you must not cross. I encourage you to rage chaos, but chaos within. Chaos is the line between finding happiness and being the villain. Seek your own happiness relentlessly just not at the expense of others' happiness. 

 

 Rage chaos within. Because expressed chaos is the line between villain and civilian. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Goes On

The Art of Gifting

The Long Distance Dilemma