Life Goes On

 



By this point my emote is ‘a guy that writes about things we already know and don’t really think about' and no shit Sherlock, the blog is called Basics. Anyways, one of those things happened again, I zoned out and life started reflecting. We all know that life goes on, or have at least used the ‘time waits for no man’ proverb in those primary school JESMA compositions (yuck), but do you ever really think about what it means? I know you know what it means, but do you ever really think about it?

Life is the greatest show ever with extremely unprecedented twists and turns right thereafter WWE. But that’s the thing, life hasn’t been updated yet so you cannot pause or simply skip parts that you aren’t the audience for, you go through it anyways. A lot of resonance with life moving on is almost always attached to death and helping people that are grieving and that’s true but I think the more important part is to understand that life goes on even when you are alive. You see friend, life is meant for living. And not just waking up every day and going to bed after a long day, life is so much more than that. But you wouldn’t know that because you either think that life is a simulation or that everything is happening according to a deity’s plan. Not that I am saying you are wrong but why are you living your life according to someone else’s plan? if their plan for life was that good, they would be living it themselves and we saw they didn’t even make it past 40 so that says something for the person in charge.

 Life comes at you fast, this year for me especially. I’m having the best moments of my life while simultaneously grieving the absolute worst of my life. And slowly I am learning that it is easy to get caught up, sometimes in the good times and most times in the worst. And even though memories stay with us forever (both a good thing and bad), you need to understand that moments only last for that moment. If you spend any other time outside that moment to reflect, regret or contemplate on that moment, you subtly begin to miss on millions of moments as life goes on. When you take too long to sulk, to celebrate, to weep you simply begin to waste your life away. Then again, I am not saying that celebrating or weeping is bad, I’ll just have you be aware of the price you are paying for that moment, so is it worth it?

Life isn’t always up to us as much as we want it to be, but it is up to us a little enough to make a difference. Enough energy to refocus your life, time slow enough to feel it pass you by. You just need to focus a little bit more, and pay a little more attention to your life. Don’t let life pass you by, add a little spice to it. Might burn you or it might be the best you ever had. All in all, either of these gets contained in a moment and all I’m saying is, do not get lost in a moment, it is not even a time loop.

Comments

  1. I'm also having the best moments of my life while simultaneously grieving the absolute worst.

    Love the writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how life unfolds itself gorgeously...the past is behind and nothing can hinder me from reaching this life that I dream of

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow exactly what I needed to see in this moment 🔅

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful 🤍

    ReplyDelete
  5. The past is behind YOU, so stop digging for what was and start focusing on what would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading this just makes me feel like . I should appreciate life with all that it brings . Living in the moment and feeling every emotion as it comes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for being part of the Basics Society.

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Gifting

The Long Distance Dilemma